1. All school and music tuitions take place in your own home or online at a time mutually suitable to you and the tutor(s).
2. The tuition frequency is mutually agreed between the tutor and the family at the first lesson, usually one hour per week.
3. Tuition can be terminated at any time*, without reason, by you, or by the tutor. In such case no further money is owed to the tutor, nor will there be any rebate of monies paid (*please see below re: 48 hour notice requirement)
4. If you are not satisfied with the tutor provided for any reason, we will try to arrange a replacement tutor as soon as possible.
5. Payment must be made to the tutor at the end of each lesson at the agreed rate.
6. If you have to cancel an arranged tuition, please contact the tutor directly no later than 48 hours before the lesson is due to take place to rearrange the missed lesson. Lessons cancelled with less than 48 hours notice must be paid for in full. If tuitions are frequently cancelled and not rearranged, the tutor will terminate the tuition, with the full consent of Home Tuition New Zealand.
7. Please note that Home Tuition New Zealand tutors are informed that tuition can only take place in a student’s home when a parent, guardian, or other responsible adult (18 years minimum) is present at the same address. Tuition can only take place in a communal area (i.e. kitchen, dining, or living area). These conditions will be strictly enforced by tutors.
8. Through our registration process, Home Tuition New Zealand has taken multiple steps to ensure that tutors are Education Council registered and are of suitable character. However, the final decision to accept the tutor appointed is the responsibility of the parent or guardian. Home Tuition New Zealand will not accept any responsibility for any loss or injury that may be incurred by you or any members of your family or their property, in any matters connected with this tuition.
9. For school and music tuition, these Terms expire at the end of the tuition arrangement. Please notify Home Tuition New Zealand if you wish school tuitions to continue into the next school year.
Please book today.