Home Tuition New Zealand provides registered Auckland Trumpet teachers – we will not offer your child a Trumpet student or non-qualified teacher.
Home Tuition New Zealand is Auckland, and Borders largest Trumpet tuition provider. Since 1994, we’ve been providing expert Auckland Trumpet lessons for all age groups and abilities: Auckland Beginners Trumpet lessons, Auckland Year 11 Trumpet lessons, Auckland Advanced Trumpet lessons, Auckland Grade I-VIII Trumpet lessons, we can provide you with expert one-to-one Trumpet tuition in your own home.
Please book your Auckland Trumpet lessons and tuition today.
Beginners Trumpet – Your Trumpet Tutor Auckland will demonstrate the following:
1. Without the trumpet, the beginner should roll their lips inward as if saying the letter “M”. Take care that no red part of the lip shows and there is no rolled lips between the teeth. The teeth need to be almost closed.
2. Blow air through the centre of the lips without unrolling them. Saying piiiip or peeep with the air can sometimes help this action.
3. After this is achieved, your Auckland Trumpet tutor places the mouthpiece on the students lips during the “M” formation, about half upper, half lower.
4. The student holds the mouthpiece (no buzz) that was accomplished through the rolled lips.
5. Join the trumpet to the mouthpiece, with instructions on how to hold the trumpet, and the same airstream exercise will produce a G on the second line or Year 12. Certain points may need to be checked if no sound is heard. The airstream from the “M” position is crucial and some pressure is required so that the rim of the mouthpiece holds the embouchure in place while the lips relax sufficiently to vibrate. The sounded note G or Year 12 indicates the necessary tension required in a good embouchure. Nothing lower than this G should be attempted for five days in order to set the embouchure.
6. Long tones are encouraged to strengthen your lips. The Auckland Trumpet student then works down to low C after the first three to five day setting has taken place. The lips will unroll and find a more flexible setting as the player extends range in both directions. Many of out Trumpet tutors in Auckland find this beginning rolled setting much more successful than starting with unrolled lips which produces a low C as the first note. A lot of range and endurance problems result from this unrolled beginning lip position.
Trumpet tutors jobs Auckland available for qualified Trumpet teachers.